To help ensure proper cleaning of your Daytona and Daytona plus, Optos provides specific instructions for use that include disinfectant guidelines which can be found below. With very little impact to the daily workflow, your devices can be easily cleaned and disinfected by healthcare professionals between each patient exam.
For the complete User Guide for your device, please visit the Customer Portal.
- It is important that the user manual is followed for proper device cleaning. Areas where the patient contacts the device should be cleaned and disinfected between patient sessions. Areas where the operator contacts the device should be cleaned and disinfected as needed.
- If required, the touch screen, hand control and table may be cleaned and disinfected between operators or more frequently.
- Optos current recommendation is to use 70% IPA wipes to disinfect areas with patient contact and please follow disinfectant agent’s manufacturer instructions and precautions time after wipe down to help assure effective and safe use of the product
- Mask & powder-free gloves are recommended for Healthcare Professionals and Patients in accordance with government COVID-19 local guidance when in contact with the device
- Patients should be encouraged where possible to avoid touching the device during imaging with their hands (place in lap)
- Use the dust-plug to protect the mirror from dust is encouraged and 95% IPA wipes are recommended for mirror to remove any particles
- Use fabric cover when the device is not in use (are there any cleaning instructions for the cover?)
- If the face pad is dirty it can be removed and wash it with hot water and soap and dry it before a final disinfection of the surface with the 70% IPA. Do NOT attempt to wash any other patient or operator contact parts with soap and water.