Optos is a leading provider of innovative devices that aid practitioners in diagnosing and treating conditions and diseases in the retina. While much of our attention in previous blog posts has been focused on our ultra-widefield imaging devices and technology, we would now like to share more about our other retinal imaging products.
Optos’ OCT imaging products have shown to be an effective tool for both disease diagnosis and management. The OptosOCT SLO is an “all-in-one” system that combines a Spectral Domain OCT, a confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscope along with Retinal Tracking Microperimetry, in one highly advanced device – the only device of its kind to evaluate both Structure and Function together. This instrument is especially useful for clinicians who treat patients with more complex retinal diseases, as the device provides a reliable method for quality patient care.
The OptosOCT SLO offers practitioners the following benefits:
- Instantaneous localization of the OCT on the SLO/retinal image, that simplifies scanning
- Ultra-high resolution images
- Enhanced details via multi-frame averaging for better clarification
- Comprehensive diagnostic capabilities, including an SLO image captured in real time for every OCT scan; a topographical map that can be placed directly over the SLO retinal image with precise positioning; and detailed thickness maps
- An interactive, user-friendly review application
- The ability to measure and record retinal disease progression, as well as the effectiveness of prescribed therapies
- The ability to review scans at any time from a networked computer or laptop with “Viewer Software,”
- Anterior segment imaging via an optional lens is available
Are you interested in learning more about the OptosOCT SLO system or any of our other retinal imaging products or diagnostic instruments? Visit our website for more information, or contact us to speak to an Optos professional. Our representatives are ready to tell you more about our products and the benefits they can bring to your practice.